There’s nothing better for all-around exercise than rowing. It works several sets of muscles, cardio and core all in one workout. Using a rowing machine, like the WaterRower Club, gives you the feeling of true water resistance – without having to buy a boat! With literally hundreds of rowing machines on the market with all different styles, techniques and features, choosing the right one can be a daunting task. Putting exercise equipment in your home has to fit in with your lifestyle and décor. The choice you make needs to blend seamlessly in the environment. Unless you’re lucky enough to have a large home gym, it needs to be compact but also tough enough to withstand accidental knocks and damage. There many rowers out there that meet these conditions however this post is going to be a WaterRower review. Continue reading to find out why this rower was chosen.
Rowing is excellent for people who want aerobic exercise with a low impact on joints. The motion on a rowing machine is not as jarring as a treadmill and doesn’t put pressure on your joints. Currently, the WaterRower is one of the best rowing machines on the market. Read out WaterRower review to find out why.
- Uses real water. The WaterRower uses real water to give an authentic feel which replicates the feel of paddles moving through water. This “water flywheel” is in an enclosed tank which gives you the resistance of actual water.
- No moving parts. The “water flywheel” which you pull against is different to traditional mechanical rowing machines as there are no bearings or wheels that can wear down with time. This cuts down on maintenance as you are pulling against water rather than against metal fixings.
- Row as hard or as easy as you want. The water tank provides as much or as little resistance as you want. Simply row faster to make to increase the resistance or slow down to lower it. The water means you are not jerking or jarring your muscles unlike using a mechanical rowing machine.
- Series 4 performance monitor. This monitor is easy to use and gives you all the specifications you need. It shows your workout intensity, stroke rate, heart rate, zone bar, duration and distance.
- Attractive, durable design. The WaterRower Club is made from solid ash wood. Ash is a hardwood and this model is designed for use in high-traffic areas like public gyms. So wherever you put it in your home it will stand up against to accidental knocks and bumps.
- High weight capacity. The WaterRower Club has a weight capacity of 1,000 lbs.
- Peace of mind. The WaterRower Club comes with a one year warranty on the frame and components as standard. This can be upgraded to five years for the frame and three years on the components.
- Difficult to measure amount of water. The “water flywheel” needs to be filled with four gallons of water before use. There is no “maximum” level on the water tank so the water must be measured in carefully. The water fill hole is also tricky to get to once it is assembled.
- Footrests. The footrest straps can be difficult to adjust and some users reported problems with the back of their heels becoming uncomfortable when using the rowing machine. To fix this, wear comfortable shoes while using this machine.
- Assembly. Some people reported the WaterRower Club was difficult to put together and had to make adjustments with loosening or tightening the rower to make sure it fitted to them. The WaterRower needs to be aligned correctly before use and the instructions that come with the machine should be followed closely.
What’s the verdict for our WaterRower review?
If you’re looking for a rowing machine that gives you that “real” feel then the WaterRower Club is a great choice. The resistance provided from the water tank allows you pace yourself as if you were rowing on an actual lake. The mechanism gives you a smooth, fluid row which is easy on the joints while also helping you to strengthen and tone your muscles as well as burn calories. It is a stylish, attractive piece of kit which wouldn’t look out of place in even the most modern home but it is also able to be stored with a full tank of water so you could stand it on its end in or tuck it out of sight. Finally, if you’re buying to use it at home, then the quiet operation is a definite plus so you can get some laps without disturbing others!
All in all, this is a great way to get fit, tone muscles and improve your overall fitness at home.
-Built from high quality materials
-Adjustable resistance levels
-Easy to store
-Footrests do not seem completely secure
-Monitor is very basic